Saturday, September 7, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Vlookup with Arrayformula

Question:

( by Kévin Dhondt )


Hello !
I am stuck with a problem. I will try to explain ...
I would like to compare the number in Sheet1!A1 with a table in Sheet2 (columnA). If the number in Sheet1!A1 is found in Sheet2 (for example Sheet2!A6), I would like the number contained in Sheet2!B6 to be copied in Sheet1!B1. Then I would like to do the same for all cells of Sheet1 Column A.
I tried with dget function, it works well for the first row but not for the other.

Is it possible and how ?
Thanks a lot for your help !

Solution:


Have a look at the following screenshot of "Sheet2":


Have a look at the following screenshot of "Sheet1":


In the above sheet I have the following formula in Cell B1:
=arrayformula(if(A:A="";"";iferror(vlookup(A:A;'Sheet2'!A:B;{2}*sign(row('Sheet2'!A:B));false))))

In the above formula change "Sheet2" to the name of the sheet in which you have the data.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment