Monday, September 2, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Formula to separate data to individual tabs

Question:

( by Bill Blevins )


I have a primary tab in my Google Sheet with a list of "Trees" and "Shrubs" and details of each in the rows.

I'd like to add a second tab that only displays the rows from the primary tab showing "trees" and then add a third tab to do the same for "Shrubs"

What is the formula to use on the second and third tabs?

Thanks!

Solution:


Have a look at the following screenshots:

Sheet "All":



Sheet "Trees":


In the above sheet I have the following formula in Cell A1:
=query(ALL!A:J;"select * where D = 'Tree' ";1)

Or you can also try the following formula in Cell A2, after putting the column headers in first row:
=filter(ALL!A:J;ALL!D:D="Tree")


Sheet "Shrubs":


In the above sheet I have the following formula in Cell A1:
=query(ALL!A:J;"select * where D = 'Shrub' ";1)


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

1 comment: