Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Transferring SUMIFS to Google Sheets

Question:

( by Kayleigh Hudson )

In Excel I'm using the following formula:
 
=(SUMIFS($E:$E,$D:$D,{ʺHouseʺ,ʺEKʺ,ʺDEʺ,ʺESʺ,ʺDEKʺ,ʺDESʺ,ʺEKSʺ},$C:$C,ʺDʺ))-(SUMIFS($E:$E,$D:$D,{ʺHouseʺ,ʺDEʺ,ʺDKʺ,ʺDSʺ,ʺDEKʺ,ʺDESʺ,ʺDKSʺ},$C:$C,ʺEʺ))
 
Any ideas how to make this Google Sheets friendly? I've tried playing with FILTER some but then get the mismatched range error.

Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot of my Spreadsheet:



I have the following formula in Cell G3:
=sum(iferror(filter(E:E;match(D:D;{"House","EK","DE","ES","DEK","DES","EKS"},0);C:C="D"))) + sum(iferror(filter(E:E;match(D:D;{"House","DE","DK","DS","DEK","DES","DKS"},0);C:C="E")))


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment