Thursday, August 1, 2013

Google Spreadsheet HyperLink to Send Email

Question:

I have email addresses in a google spreadsheet. How can I click on each one to start an email to that person.

Solution:

Use =hyperlink formula to achieve to create a link on a cell and then by clicking on that link you will get to the new webpage with "To" field set with the email address provided in the function..


Have a look at the following animated screenshot of my Spreadsheet:




I have the following formula in Cell A1:

=hyperlink("mailto:kishan.pionero@gmail.com";"Kishan")

Note: "mailto:" must be added as a prefix to the email address, as you can see in the above function.


And to have the Subject field populated with it, try the following formula:
=hyperlink("mailto:kishan.pionero@gmail.com?subject=I like iGoogleDrive";"Send email to Kishan")


And if you also want Body to be also populated with it then try:
=hyperlink("mailto:kishan.pionero@gmail.com?subject=I like iGoogleDrive&body=iGoogleDrive.blogspot.com is one of the best Blog";"Send email to Kishan")


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
Thanks,

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kishan, great work. I just tried the code which included the subject and what appeared in the To field of the created email (Lotus Notes) was the email and everything in to code after it.

    kishan.pionero@gmail.com?subject=I like iGoogleDrive

    When I went back to Chrome, there was a tab open with the link in the address field and it read:

    "mailto:kishan.pionero%40gmail.com%3Fsubject%3DI+like+iGoogleDrive%26body%3DiGoogleDrive.blogspot.com+is+one+of+the+best+Blog"

    I noticed the "?" was replaced with "%3F" after email and before subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any macro to automatically change email addresses to a mailto: hyperlink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I tried it almost works, my need is - instead of a particular Subject I want the subject to be an image of selected cells or data from selected cells.

    Please advise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use HTML tags for the body?

    ReplyDelete