Friday, August 2, 2013

Spreadsheet Event Driven Range Sorting

Question:

( by Paul Machtolf )


I want to sort a named range everytime a value changes in the range.  How do I do that automatically?  I'm working on a iMac OS 10.6.8

Solution:

You can use sort function in the same sheet or some other sheet, and call that named range in it, to get the sorted range every time you update value in that range.

Have a look at the following screenshot of 'Sheet1' of my Spreadsheet:


I have named the range "Sheet!B2:C9" as "myRange".

Screenshot of 'Sheet2':


I have the following formula in Cell A1:

=sort(myRange;1;true)



And I have the following formula in Cell D1:

=sort(myRange;2;true)


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment