Friday, August 16, 2013

Google Spreadsheet How do you filter Column Information in one sheet into other sheets?

Question:


( by Neil Clayton )

Hey guys! I work for a bakery and we are wanting to organize our cake orders that are submitted using Google Forms.



We are wanting to be able to filter information from specific columns into other sheets to further organize.
Specifically, we would like to filter our orders so that all orders on Monday will automatically be filtered into Monday's Sheet and so on.  
Additionally we have 3 locations, so we would like to filter each location into their own sheet.
I've been trying different formulas; but I'm not very fluent in this area.

I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks so much!  I'll even send you cookies if you help us accomplish this task! :-)
Neil

Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot:




I have the following formula in Cell A1:
=query('Form Responses 1'!A:AA;"select * where G='"&B1&"' and E='"&B2&"' ";1)

NOTE: 

You can have drop down menu in Cell B1 for days, and also in Cell B2 for locations.

So, no need to create a separate sheet for all days, instead of it you can have all the filtering on data on the single sheet itself.

I'll be waiting to receive your COOKIES now... ;) just kidding LOL..!! ;)



I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment