Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Filter with multiple criteria

Question:


( by Joshua Barnard  )

Hello, Im stumped! Should be simple but anyway...
I would like to lookup a value of a cell from a column ONLY if two matches are made. eg.

Table
Col A
  1. Food
  2. Food
  3. Beverage
  4. Beverage
  5. Animal
  6. Animal
Col B
  1. Hot Dog
  2. Burger
  3. Coke
  4. Pepsi
  5. Cat
  6. Dog
Col C
  1. $5
  2. $6
  3. $7
  4. $8
  5. $9
  6. $2

IF (A2:A == "Food") AND (B2:B == "Hot Dog") 
RETURN VALUE in COL "C"

I hope that makes sense? I cant share the spreadsheet as it contains sensitive data.
Thanks
Josh

Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot of my Spreadsheet:


I have the following formula in Cell F4:
=filter(C:C;A:A=F2;B:B=F3)

Or you can also have:
=filter(C:C;A:A="Food";B:B="Hot Dog")


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment