Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Vlookup for entire column with arrayformula

Question:

( by notacare01 )

Hello, I'm trying to have my spread sheet automatically input the time zone of the area code in column A

here is the screenshot of my spreadsheet:





Solution:

To auto calculate for the entire column B, put the following formula in Cell B1:

=arrayformula(if(row(A:A)=1;"Timezone";iferror(VLOOKUP(A:A;$F$2:$G$48;{2}*SIGN(ROW(A:A));false))))

Have a look at the following screenshot:




I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

3 comments:

  1. I have created a drop down menu on one sheet. I am trying to get my google doc to autofill information from other sheets. Column A on one of my master sheets is a birthday and I want the sheet to autofill certain vaccination information (columnn B for instance is pyrantel #1) im just wondering how to create a formula I am lost trying to follow it on here!

    ReplyDelete