Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Averaging Dates

Question:

( by Tom Krieglstein )


Hi,

Here's a sample sheet >:



I'm looking to post the average value of the "Join Date" on Sheet1 on Sheet2 for all the rows that have a "No" for Column A.

Please help as I'm lost on this one.

Thanks!


Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot of my spreadsheet:




I have the following formula in Cell I4:

=iferror(text(average(filter('Sheet1'!G:G;'Sheet1'!A:A="NO"));"mm/dd/yyyy"))

the above formula will give you the average value from Column G where Column A is "NO".

You can also put the above formula on any other sheet.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great tutorial. One final question I have is what if I wanted to display (in one cell) all the values in Column G in which Column A was NO?

    ReplyDelete