Saturday, July 13, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Filtering data from Master Spreadsheet to Client Spreadsheet

Question:

( by Mike Sharpe )

I am trying to make a mirror image of my current spreadsheet for a client that can only see the data that i designate in a column with a x or 1 value


example for my product page 


Product    Size    price    show
 
apple       40        $40           x
orange     35       $35 

so that the importrange only pulls data from the products that have the x on the master file

Thanks 

Mike



Solution:

You can use ImportRange formula inside Query Formula to get your desired results.

Let us have an example to see how it works.

Have a look at the following screenshot of my Master Spreadsheet:



Have a look at the following screenshot of my Client Spreadsheet:


I have the following formula in Cell A1 of  my Client Spreadsheet:

=query(ImportRange("0AmMTqpzD9YRndHU4bkVtcmNUZEJWOFZGUWEtM1FoOFE";"Sheet1!A:D");"select Col1,Col2,Col3 where Col4='x'")

the above formula will import only those row which have "x" in Column D of Master Spreadsheet's Sheet1.

And you can manipulate it further as per your requirement.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment