Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Google Spreadsheet SUMIF multiple criteria using FILTER

Question:

Hi, 

I am having a bit of trouble coming up with the right formula, mostly because of my ignorance in advanced formula, but also because of the difficulty of the task.
A basic break down of what I am looking for is this
If A3:A99 = N3 or N4 AND C3:C99 = N15 Then Count E3:E99

I was able to get close using this
=arrayformula(SUM((A3:A99=N3)*(C3:C99=N15))) .... But all this does is count how many times it occurs .. not E3:E99 which is what I really need.
Thanks for any help

Note: that formula also doesnt give me N4 .. just N3


Im sorry my example was very clear .. lets chalk that up to my ignorance. I will try again. First off, Here is a copy of the spreadsheet:



What I am trying to create is a formula that will add up the values between E3:E99 when these conditions are met:
A3:A99 = "AHL ECU" OR "AHL" and C3:C99 = "CON"

Solution:

Try the following formula:
=sum(iferror(filter(E3:E99;(A3:A99 = "AHL ECU")+(A3:A99 = "AHL");C3:C99 = "CON")))

I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment