Friday, September 7, 2012

filtering results from one sheet to other

Question:
(by DOCLMSA)

I have a spreadsheet for our Youth Soccer registrations. What I would like to do is use it as the master sheet and then create sheets from it based on filtered values. I have done quite a bit of research on this but I can't get it to work. I would like the new sheet to be all rows in sheet1 where column G = 8 or 9. The challenge I seem to be having is that column L is also a formula which calculates their age at a certain cutoff data.

I will be making 5 different age range sheets which I will be using to make teams. But I want to keep a master sheet so as we add members they will auto populate their correct age sheet.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.


Screenshot of Master Sheet (Sheet1):





Solution:


Put the following formula in Cell A1 of Sheet1 for getting all the results which has values 8 or 9 in "Column G":
=QUERY(Sheet1!A1:G;"select * where G=8 or G=9")

Have a look at the screenshot of Sheet2:








Put the following formula in Cell A1 of Sheet3 for getting all the results which has values 10 or 11 in "Column G":
=QUERY(Sheet1!A1:G;"select * where G=10 or G=11")

Have a look at the screenshot of Sheet3:






I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,


No comments:

Post a Comment