Saturday, September 29, 2012

Filter from one sheet to another

Question:

( by Brian Podolak )

Basically I have a workbook with 2 sheets

SHEET1 has data in it like this

A                                                   B
9/7/2012 13:14:00                          Brian
9/10/2012 10:19:00                        Bob

On Worksheet SHEET2, 

I want to total the occurrences of Brian and Bob based on a date I have in C7
So this way I can see

Brian  1
Bob     1

Solution:

Put the following formula in Cell B2 in Sheet2:
=counta(filter('Sheet1'!B:B;'Sheet1'!B:B=A1;Day('Sheet1'!A:A)=Day($C$7);Month('Sheet1'!A:A)=month($C$7);Year('Sheet1'!A:A)=Year($C$7)))

And then drag this down as far as you need...



I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private or confidential projects:

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 


Thanks,
Kishan,

1 comment: