Friday, September 21, 2012

Format range as Plain text in Google Spreadsheet

You can format any range (that can be any cells, columns, rows) as Plain text in Google Spreadsheet, so that instead of getting your default input as date or any other format, you will have your input data as Plain text.

To format your range as "Plain text", you have to select your range and then go to "Format" menu, then in "Number", click on "Plain text"

Have a look at the following screenshot:



After formatting your range, you can put your data into it.. and it will remain as plain text..

So even if you input "01-02" it will not convert to date and it will remain as a plain text.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,

4 comments:

  1. How would this be accomplished via a Script? ie.. lets say I want all of column "B" to be set to plain text after the script brings in new data?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This procedure doesn't work for me. I verified that the format for a cell is "plain text", but when I enter 39/4 I get the warning "Invalid:
    Input must be a number between 1 and 124"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also see that the whole row and whole column seem to be formatted in "plain text".

      Delete