Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Count how many times something has been ordered

Count how many times something has been ordered

Question:
On the first tab "WIP_LIST" of my sheet I have a overview what has been ordered daily. I tells me what product has been sold on a specific day.

Here is the screenshot of the sheet "WIP_LIST":




On the second tab, the Stats tab I would like to show some statistics, I would like to see how many products were sold per month per year.

Here is the screenshot of the sheet "STATS":



Solution:

You have to put the following formula in Cell C4 (this C4 is for "Product 1" ordered in January 2011):
=count(filter(WIP_LIST!A1:B;month(WIP_LIST!A1:A)=1;year(WIP_LIST!A1:A)=2011;WIP_LIST!B1:B=B4))

And then you can drag it down in that Column C up to "Product 20"


And similarly put the following formula in Cell D4 (this D4 is for "Product 1" ordered in February 2011):
=count(filter(WIP_LIST!A1:B;month(WIP_LIST!A1:A)=2;year(WIP_LIST!A1:A)=2011;WIP_LIST!B1:B=B4))

And drag it down in that Column D up to "Product 20"


I hope this will help you.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself I will try to help you out.

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,

No comments:

Post a Comment